This Pasta with Peas and Bacon Recipe can come together quickly and is packed with flavor. Vegetarians might want to substitute veggie bacon, and the health conscious can opt for turkey bacon instead.
Pasta with Peas and Bacon Recipe Ingredients
- 1 pound pasta
- 6 ounces bacon, roughly chopped
- Â½ yellow onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups peas (defrosted if frozen)
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Â½ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper
Pasta with Peas and Bacon Recipe Directions
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve Â½ cup of pasta water. Strain and set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook the bacon until slightly crispy. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring often, until onions are softened. Add the peas and stir to combine.
- Pour in the cream and simmer for a few minutes (for an even creamier pasta feel free to add more cream). Add the reserved pasta and toss to coat.
- Add the grated cheese and some of the reserved pasta water and thoroughly mix. Stir in the butter and season with salt and pepper. Serve with additional Parmesan for grating.
Cooking Time 30 Minutes – Serves 4