This creamy Tex-Mex al dente Pasta Salad Recipe makes for a super-tangy salad to serve with grilled Tex-Mex or Latin food, and BBQ.
Tex-Mex al dente Pasta Salad Recipe Ingredients
- 1 16 oz. package medium size pasta cooked al dente (cavatappi, rotini, raddiatore, etc.)
- 1/2 cup chopped ham
- 8 oz. Mexican Blend Cheese, shredded, or Monterrey Jack
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 3 tbs. chopped bell pepper (mixed colors are nice)
- 2 tbs. chopped celery
- 2 tbs. chopped yellow squash or calabacita squash
- 2 tbs. sliced black olives
- optional:1/2 cup canned black or pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. Cholula or Tabasco
- 1 tsp. guajillo chile powder or taco seasoning
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. Mexican oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnish: paprika or chile powder
Tex-Mex al dente Pasta Salad Recipe Directions
- Prepare dressing several hours in advance by mixing ingredients in a bowl and refrigerating it.
- Cook pasta in salted water with a bit of oil. Drain, let cool.
- Toss pasta with dressing. Refrigerate several hours. Garnish.
Cooking Time 12 Minutes – Serves 8
From myra byanka.